Valerio Catullo Airport of Villafranca (Verona): 10 km south-west of the city centre.
A shuttle bus runs from the airport to Porta Nuova Railway Station.
Gabriele D’Annunzio Airport of Montichiari (Brescia): 52 Km from Verona.
A shuttle bus runs twice a day from the airport to Porta Nuova Railway Station.
Verona Porta Nuova railway station is the crossroads for the Milan-Venice and Rome/Brenner lines.
Estimated minimum traveling time (high-speed train): 1h10’ from Venice; 1h20’ from Milan; 2h50’ from Rome.
From the Milan-Venice A4 Motorway: exit Verona Sud.
From the Brenner-Modena A22 Motorway: take the link-road to the A4 Motorway (direction Venice) and exit Verona Sud. After leaving the motorway, follow the signs indicating “All directions” (“Tutte le direzioni”), then those for the “City Centre” (“Centro“).
In order to guarantee the passengers’ safety and not to disrupt the city traffic flow, coaches must follow special routes and park in the designated coach parking facilities. (Regulation, drop-off and pick-up info, routes: AMT).
GETTING AROUND VERONA
The Verona Minor Hierusalem area is open to the traffic. There are two parking facilities nearby: a free car park (entrance from Via Madonna del Terraglio) and a paid car park, Parcheggio Isolo (Via Ponte Pignolo 6 – +39 045 8007921). Most of the historical centre is closed to the traffic (ZTL) and can be accessed only by residents, authorized vehicles and car going to hotels. Pedestrian-only areas in the center are: via Roma, via Mazzini, via Cappello, via Leoni e Corso Porta Borsari.
Free car parks:
- Parcheggio Via Madonna del Terraglio
- Parcheggio Piazzale Guardini
- Parcheggio Stadio, Piazzale Olimpia – with 3 park and ride lots
- Parcheggio Porta Palio/V.le Galliano
Paid car parks:
- Parcheggio Cittadella (P.zza Cittadella, 5/A – +39 045 596500)
- Parcheggio Arena (Via Bentegodi, 8 – +39 045 8009333)
- Parking Italia (C.so Porta Nuova, 91 – +39 045 8006312)
- Autorimessa Paradiso (Via Paradiso, 13/A – +39 045 8006354)
- Parcheggio Isolo (Via Ponte Pignolo, 6 – +39 045 8007921)
- Parcheggio Arsenale (P.zza Arsenale, 8 – +39 045 8303460)
- Parcheggio Metropark/Stazione FS (P.le XXV Aprile, 25 – +39 045 596938)
- Parcheggio Polo Zanotto (V.le Università, 4 – +39 045 8007921)
- Parcheggio Stazione (Via Città di Nimes)
- Parcheggio Tribunale (Via dello Zappatore)
- Parcheggio Ex Mercato Ortofrutticolo (V.le del Lavoro) – park and ride
- Parcheggio San Zeno (P.zza Corrubio)
- Parcheggio Ospedale Borgo Trento (Via San Camillo De Lellis – +39 045 8009333)
- Parcheggio Centro/Ex Gasometro (Via Campo Marzo)
To be updated in real time on traffic conditions and parking occupancy statistics: InfoPark system.
Azienda Trasporti Verona (ATV), city buses: +39 045 8057811 – www.atv.verona.it
Tickets can be bought from the station ATV desk, from a tabaccaio (tobacconist’s shop) or a newsstand, or directly on the bus.
From Porta Nuova Railway Station to Piazza Bra (Roman Amphitheatre) in the centre:
Monday-to-Saturday: Line 11, 12, 13, 51, 52
Sunday and night: Line 90, 92, 94, 98
From Porta Nuova Railway Station to Piazza San Giorgio, Santo Stefano, Piazza Isolo (Verona Minor area):
Monday-to-Saturday: Line 73, platform B1 every 20’ (at 0.1 – 0.21 – 0.41…)
Sunday and night: Line 91, platform D2 every 40’ (from 9.00)
Radio Taxi service is active 24 hours a day and their stands can be found in Piazza Bra and outside Porta Nuova Railway Station. Other taxi stands can be found in Piazza delle Erbe and Piazza San Zeno, and outside Borgo Trento Hospital and Borgo Roma Hospital.
Radio Taxi Verona: +39 045 532666
Sms Taxi: +39 340 3210021
Verona’s public bike sharing program is called Verona Bike. There are several stations throughout the city. There are also different private bike rental outfits.