Relics and devotion to the saints
The church of Santa Maria al Paradiso was built by the Servants of Mary in 1519 on a pre-existing building and fitted with liturgical furnishings taken from the convent and the neighbouring hospital. The altars, originally placed in the church of San Vitale, were added in 1782. In the 19th century the church housed a special treasure acquired over the centuries, a collection of relics: some coming from Jerusalem, and some belonging to the saints and founders of the various Veronese orders. In 1890, Father Luigi Pimazzoni set up a permanent reliquary; the Chapel of the Relics was inaugurated in 1927, and today, thanks to the commitment of the Camillian fathers, it has once again become a sign of the spread of the cult of saints in Verona.